Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Road To Dream

Road To Dream
[JANUARY 20,2011]

Standing on the threshold of charm and youth
Where world seems illuminated with knowledge and  truth
Inquiry of self is started with stroke of adolescence
Standing as tall as sky , youth is all set to embrace with benevolence

But I run stealthily back, to investigate my lost innocence
Bewildered I run away with exuberance
Freed from shackles of time , yes ,  I run behind shadow of mine

Seeing myself on mom's lap
Her sweet lullaby ,her cuddle and her cushiony tap
As a pilgrim hurries excitedly to shrine
Hesitatingly I run escaping from hands of time
I fade away in memories so fine

There! Look there ! In fields so lush and green
Runs a boy with tender knees behind a beautiful butterfly
In his eyes the ambition to catch the unseen
Freedom and beauty,so divine, flourish under this blue sky

There you see he swings under a mighty tree
So unconstrained ,so relieved he breathes in air so divine , so free
Hops down from swing he sits near a river
Sleeps under a tree , cling on which is a grape's creeper

With eager intention he jumps high
But result was void and a desperate sigh
Smiles beautifully and runs ,progressively as life

Astonishment is the surest reaction
As defeat would have hurt his tender emotion
But he moves unaffected , I gaze astound at his compassion
He runs and runs,falls again,raises again ,runs O !He runs
Runs behind curtains of vision
Once again I try to catch him ;time halts me back to realism

No comments:

Post a Comment